This ultra-luxe version of the classic Beef Wellington is the epitome of luxury and grandeur. Our hand-made Vic's Wellington uses the finest wagyu beef our country has to offer - Stone Axe Fullblood Wagyu with a Marbling Score of 9+.
- 1 Vic's Stone Axe Beef Wellington
- 1 egg
- Remove the wellington from the fridge for 30 minutes before cooking to allow it to come to room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C (fan forced).
- Whisk the egg in a bowl until egg white and egg yolk is mixed evenly.
- Place the wellington on a baking tray lined with baking paper and brush over the outside of the pastry carefully and evenly with the egg wash. You do not need to use all the egg mixture. An even coating is all that is required.
- Place in oven (position your oven racks so the wellington sits in the centre of the oven).
- This wellington is best served medium-rare – the internal temperature will read 52°C on a meat thermometer. The pastry will be golden brown.
- Cooking time is roughly 35 minutes.
- Set aside and rest for 10 minutes.
- Thickly slice to serve.
Please be aware that this is a guide only. All ovens work slightly differently and this should be taken into consideration.