- 200g brown sugar
- 20g dried mustard
- 60ml cider vinegar
- 60ml maple syrup
- 1 cup of cloves
- 1 whole ham
- To make the glaze, place the brown sugar, dried mustard, cider vinegar and maple syrup into a bowl and stir to combine.
- If you have purchased our ham glaze readymade:
- Place packet (lid on) in microwave and heat for 30 seconds to make the liquid easier to dispense.
- Empty contents into a saucepan and gently warm over low heat for approximately two minutes, or until sugar has been completely dissolved.
- For the ham – preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Gently remove the ham skin (reserve the skin as this can be useful when storing your ham or cooking a Whole Turkey). Next, use a sharp knife to score the meat in a criss-cross (diamond) pattern.
- Optional - pour boiling water over the scored ham fat to open the score marks.
- Stud the center of each diamond with a clove.
- Place the ham in a baking tray and apply half the glaze to the ham using a pastry brush.
- Bake the ham at 190°C for approximately 40 minutes, or until the glaze begins to caramelize.
- Baste with glaze every 12 minutes throughout the cooking process.
- Once baking is complete and ham is nicely caramelized - the ham can be served immediately or allowed to rest to room temperature.
- 1 litre of water
- 2-3 teaspoons of white vinegar
- Wring out excess water before using
- Resoak the bag every 2 days and store the ham for up to one week.
Please be aware that this is a guide only. All ovens work slightly differently and this should be taken into consideration.