For a delicious change of pace, we introduce to you our Crown of Lamb Roast. Considered one of the finest pieces of meat to grace a table, the crown roast consists of two, 8-rib French-trimmed lamb racks, hand-tied to forge a crown.
- 1 Vic's Crown Roast of Cowra Lamb
- 150ml oil
- salt & pepper
- Remove the lamb crown from fridge for 30 minutes before cooking to bring to room temperature.
- Preheat your oven to 220°C.
- Lightly rub oil and sea salt flakes over the lamb.
- Transfer the lamb to the oven and roast for 15 minutes, then reduce the oven temperature to 160°C and cook for a further 8-10 minutes.
- Best served medium-rare – the internal temperature will read 52°C.
- Remove from oven. Do not cover with foil to avoid overcooking during resting.
- Set aside to rest for 10 minutes; the meat will continue to cook as it rests, the internal temperature should reach an ideal 60-65°C.
- Slice between each bone to serve.
Please be aware that this is a guide only. All ovens work slightly differently and this should be taken into consideration.